Monday, May 26, 2008
Anyway, I found this template on Amy W's blog, and knew I needed to use it! My friend Robin got her kid's pictures done recently, so I told her I would make some pages for her.
So this first one I used the template, along with Papers from Hazy Summer by Vicki. The word art came from Bethany. This is Amber, by the way :)
OK, this second one I used various pieces from the DSO May color challenge kit. You can find the link to DSO on the right side of my blog. Oh, and the font I used is called ADAMN. I think it came on my computer, but I am sure you can google it and find it. And this layout features Amber, and her big brother Andrew. I will have another layout to add to this once I come up with something for Andrews pics.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Got the blue screen of doom. It was a horrible weekend for me. I won't bore you with the details, but I DO want to show you my newest layout, made with the "Imagine" Kit over at Sentimental Style. I loved working with this, and I hope you like the layout!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
This is a quick page that I made with Melanies grab bag. I hope that you like it! Please leave some love if you download!!
Here is a preview:
And you can Download here
(link will take you to the CT blog, where you can download it :)
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
So... I am a CT for not one, but two designers. I haven't done anything with either of them yet but make an intro layout, so I thought I would share them with you.
This first one is for Melanie, over at By God's Design
The layout was made with her grab bag.
The other one I made was the intro for Sally over at Winged Heart Ohio
This was made with her Eileen B kit, which is available on her blog.
And to finish it off, and to give you as lil more info about me in general, here is the bio I gave to Sally to introduce myself to all of you...
Hi, I'm Dawn! I live in a suburb of Toledo, Ohio, and just turned 30 on May 7th. Other than digi scrapping, I co run a gaming league on pogo.com.When I am not on the computer I am at church. I am extremely involved at my home church. I do all the media-related stuff. I volunteer at the church office twice a week, helping out wherever needed. One thing that perhaps makes me unique in regard to digital scrapbooking is that I am legally blind. Because of that, I am on disability and unable to work (that goes along with a wide gamut of other health problems) I feel that being visually impaired should not necessarily have to limit what I am able to do. Sure, it may take a little longer than usual to complete a layout, but I feel that the end result is comparable to other layouts that are out there. Now granted- I am rather new to the world of scrapbooking digitally, but I think I am getting the hang of it. I learn very fast, and love a challenge. I am so thrilled that Sally has decided to take a chance on this newbie, and I hope to get to know all of you better in the months to come!!!
Thanks to Melanie, Here is another post for you!!
Here's the deal...
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some
random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by
leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving
a comment on their blog .
OK, so some facts about me....
1. I love to sing. So much so, in fact, that my senior year in high school was ALL vocal music classes. I sing every chance I get
2. I co run a gaming league. We are pogo junkies lol
3. I want to learn how to design. I love making layouts, but I would love to learn how to make my own things to put on the layouts.
4. I am visually impaired. I have something called Progressive Optic Neuropathy, among other things, and so creating things takes a little longer for me, but I think that in the end, it is just as good as anyone elses (except for the fact that most people are more advanced than I am)
5. I am learning two image programs at the same time. PSP x2 and pse 6. I like both of them, but in different ways.
6. I love to take pictures, but sometimes my camera is stupid (I have a canon sd630)
7. I am looking forward to meeting all of you scrappers! I frequent a lot of blogs, but I haven't really introduced myself to a lot of you, because I didnt have a blog.... but now I do.... so I am going to tag 7 people whos blogs I do frequent.
OK, there are a lot of people I could tag right now because I have a list of blogs on my google reader that I can pick from, so I am just going to chose 7 of ou....
1. Holly Ann... http://dittersfreedoodles.blogspot.com/
2. Shauna... http://pineappleplantation.blogspot.com/
3. Linda.... http://bonscrapatitdesigns.blogspot.com/
4. Susan.... http://raspberryroaddesignsct.blogspot.com/
5. Melissa.... http://sentimentalstyle.blogspot.com/
6. Andrea.... http://the-dickinsons.blogspot.com/
7. Sally.... http://wingedheartohio.blogspot.com/
Saturday, May 17, 2008
I want to stop right there and take a couple moments to tell you some really good news! I have been accepted on not just one... but TWO creative temas!! I feel so honored that they think I have some talent is making a layout/quickpage. I will be the first to admit that I have a lot to learn, but I am totally accepting that challenge!
So who am I creating for, you ask? Well, the first one is Winged heart Ohio. Sally does a great job at designing, and I look forward to making some quick pages for her kits.
And Melanie over at By God's Design is the second creative team I have joined. She also has some amazing talent.
So.... I have created some layouts, but before I post them for your viewing pleasure, I need to go retrace my steps. You see, being a newbie scrapper, I was not aware that I had to keep track of what I used for each layout to give proper credit. I am so ashamed that I didnt do a good job of keeping track. I have come up with a new system for remembering to do this, and that is to create a word file that will be in the folder along with my layout files.
Moving right along..... another thing that I am learning is Paint Shop Pro X2 and Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, which are the two programs I am using to make my layouts and quick pages for the CT's. I have soooooooooo much to learn! Both of these programs are very powerful and are intimidating. I am on the hunt for tutorials (preferably video) so that I can learn, learn, learn!
Well, I think I have covered just about everything that I think I possibly can for my first post..... EVER in this blog! I do hope that you will enjoy the layouts that I post here, and comments are ALWAYS appreciated!!!