Saturday, May 17, 2008

First blog.... yay!!!

wooohooo!!! So this is my innagural post to my new blog! Yayness!!! OK, I have had very bad luck with blogs in the past, but this one is different, because this one is all about digital scrapbooking- my new hobby (some would say severe addiction... LOL!!!) I might throw a little life muses here and there, but for the most part, this blog is devoted to showing you all my layouts that I create.

I want to stop right there and take a couple moments to tell you some really good news! I have been accepted on not just one... but TWO creative temas!! I feel so honored that they think I have some talent is making a layout/quickpage. I will be the first to admit that I have a lot to learn, but I am totally accepting that challenge!

So who am I creating for, you ask? Well, the first one is
Winged heart Ohio. Sally does a great job at designing, and I look forward to making some quick pages for her kits.
And Melanie over at
By God's Design is the second creative team I have joined. She also has some amazing talent.

So.... I have created some layouts, but before I post them for your viewing pleasure, I need to go retrace my steps. You see, being a newbie scrapper, I was not aware that I had to keep track of what I used for each layout to give proper credit. I am so ashamed that I didnt do a good job of keeping track. I have come up with a new system for remembering to do this, and that is to create a word file that will be in the folder along with my layout files.

Moving right along..... another thing that I am learning is Paint Shop Pro X2 and Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, which are the two programs I am using to make my layouts and quick pages for the CT's. I have soooooooooo much to learn! Both of these programs are very powerful and are intimidating. I am on the hunt for tutorials (preferably video) so that I can learn, learn, learn!

Well, I think I have covered just about everything that I think I possibly can for my first post..... EVER in this blog! I do hope that you will enjoy the layouts that I post here, and comments are ALWAYS appreciated!!!

2 comments:

Winged Heart said...

Hey girl! I'm so happy to have you as a member of the Flight Crew! Congrats on the new blog. talk to you soon and all the best of luck to you!

Sally

Unknown said...

Okay - so I'm finally making the visit to your blog! Wow! Crazy few days - and I have also updated your link in my sidebar! Congrats on your new blog!

And just to really break you in, you've been tagged - so be sure to read up on my blog at blog.bygodsdesign.biz!

You go girl!